This article describes how to install Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 and older versions on VMware Workstation.
The following has been tested on VMware Workstation 8 and should work on all later versions, too.
Create a VM but don’t start it. Choose ‘I will install the operating system later’ when creating the new VM.
Close the tab and edit the VM’s VMX file in notepad. Add the following lines:
hypervisor.cpuid.v0 = "FALSE" vhv.enable = "TRUE" mce.enable = "TRUE"
Now proceed and install the operating system. You need to add the above lines before the operating system is installed.
Hope this helps!
BackupChain OverviewDownload BackupChain
How to Backup Hyper-V VMs
How to Backup to the Cloud
How to Backup VMware Workstation
How to Backup over FTP
How to Backup VirtualBox VMs
How to Backup Large Files and Folders
- Step-by-Step Windows 10 Hyper-V Backups
- 11 Things to Know About Hyper-V Snapshots / Checkpoints
- Hyper-V Links, Guides, Tutorials & Comparisons
- How to Back up Hyper-V
- Veeam Alternatives for Hyper-V
- How to Back up Cluster Shared Volumes
- DriveMaker: Map FTP Site as a Drive Letter (Freeware)
- Free Hyper-V Server
- Remote Desktop Services Blog
- SCDPM Blog
- SCOM Blog
- SCVMM Blog
- Virtualization Blog DE
- KB Cloud Articles
- Microsoft Hyper-V Forum
- Archive 2021
- Archive 2020
- Archive 2018
- Archive 2017
- Archive 2016
- Archive 2015
- Archive 2014
- Archive 2013
- Hyper-V Scripts in PowerShell
- BackupChain (Greek)
- BackupChain (Deutsch)
- BackupChain (Spanish)
- BackupChain (French)
- BackupChain (Dutch)
- BackupChain (Italian)
Backup Software Solution List
Symantec Backup Exec
Windows Server Backup