BackupChain now runs on Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1, download our new installer here: //backupchain.com/downloads.html
Your trusted Windows Server and Hyper-V backup solution also works on Windows 8.1 with all Hyper-V features as the server edition.
What is BackupChain?
BackupChain is a simple to use, yet powerful backup tool for
IT professionals. It is fully configurable and offers file
version backups, delta compression, VM backup and
database support, and a strong parallel backup process for fast
What type of backup do you need?
- VMware Server and Workstation Backup
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 Backup
- Data Backup
- FTP Backups
Live Virtual Host Backup on Workstations and Servers
- Back up a Hyper-V Server virtual machine on Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 and older Windows Server versions.
- Back up VMware virtual machines local and remote live virtual machine backups
- Back up a virtual machine while running without interruption
Powerful Data Protection Features
- BackupChain backup software scans file versions and only stores the difference. (In-file delta or delta compression)
- Because only file changes are replicated, you can back up virtual machines,
databases, and other large files quickly. This feature also makes backups to a FTP location more efficient.
- Backup SQL databases without stopping the database server.
- Efficient handling of large files larger than 4GB
- Support for very long (32768 characters) file and path names, even with ZIP compression
- Support for international characters in file names (Unicode file names)
- BackupChain USB backup software also supports USB 3.0 external hard drives and other backup media.
- Purchase includes one or two year update subscription.
- Free lifetime developer support
PC Backup to External Hard Drives, Network Shares, and FTP
BackupChain performs fast incremental and differential backups to eSATA drives, network drives, and FTP.
The built-in FTP backup server permits receiving files from other machines on the Internet.
To meet the needs of IT professionals, BackupChain contains specialized proprietary technology to handle millions of files and so-called “in-file deltas”. Delta compression is ideal for frequently changing files, such as databases and virtual disks, because only file changes are stored rather than the entire file. BackupChain is the only USB backup tool available that provides delta compression, which significantly lowers bandwidth and storage requirements.
Encrypted Online Backup for Servers and Workstations — Both Sides are in Your Control
- Set up and control your own remote backup system using the
built-in FTP server. Running your own
server at another site eliminates online storage
costs and your data is stored on your own
- Back up your files to any other PC running
BackupChain or any FTP hosting site on the Internet.
- Save your office files to your home computer and vice-versa.
- Back up your servers and PCs at several office locations.
- Encrypt your data with secure transmission (FTPS) and military-strength encryption
(FIPS, HIPAA compliant).
Configurable File Version Backup
- Configure precisely the number of versions you want to
keep depending on
the file type and file location.
- Compress specific file types the way you need (in-file delta, zip, rar, gz, etc.)
- Specify different settings for each folder and file type
- Specify specific file types to remove from your backup
System File Backup and Locked File Handling
- BackupChain opens locked files of any type.
- You can back up databases while the database server is live (Microsoft SQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Backup online virtual machines
on Hyper-V, Virtual Server R2, VMware Server, and other platforms.
- Applications and system files can be processed while applications are running.
Download your 20 day trial of BackupChain from our download page
Backup Software OverviewServer Backup Software
Backup VMware Workstation
Backup File Server
Hyper-V BackupBackup Hyper-V
- Hyper-V Links, Guides, Tutorials & Comparisons
- Veeam Alternative
- How to Back up Cluster Shared Volumes
- DriveMaker: Map FTP, SFTP, S3 Site to a Drive Letter (Freeware)
- Free Hyper-V Server
- Remote Desktop Services Blog
- SCDPM Blog
- SCOM Blog
- V4 Articles
- Knowledge Base
- Archive 2022
- Archive 2021
- Archive 2020
- Archive 2018
- Archive 2017
- Archive 2016
- Archive 2015
- Archive 2014
- Archive 2013
- Hyper-V Scripts in PowerShell
- BackupChain (Greek)
- BackupChain (Deutsch)
- BackupChain (Spanish)
- BackupChain (French)
- BackupChain (Dutch)
- BackupChain (Italian)
Backup Software List
Symantec Backup Exec
Windows Server Backup
Other Backup How-To Guides
- How to fix: could not create backup checkpoint for virtual machine
- Backup Software Rewards for Users and MSPs
- How to fix: 0x800423f4, The writer experienced a non-transient error. If the backup process is retried, the error is likely to reoccur
- Freeware Backup Software–Watch Out!
- What is Hyper-V and What Operating Systems are Supported?
- Hyper-V Backup and Secure DMZ Servers: A How-to Guide
- Free Disk2VHD Hyper-V VHDX Physical to Virtual Conversion P2V
- Fix for Hyper-V Backup Error 0x80780049 (ID 517)
- How to Fix VSS Errors (Volume Shadow Copy Service Errors)
- KB 2885541 Packet sniffing tool does not sniff all network traffic through port mirroring on Windows 2012 Server VMs
- Copy a File From the Host to a VM Using a Powershell Script
- Hyper-V Server 2016 Download Locations + 2012 R2, 2008
- Hyper-V Host Disk Backup, Physical Host and Virtual Machine Backup
- What is Deduplication?
- Hyper-V Best Practices You Must Know
- How to Fix: VM cannot be backed up …file groups reported during OnIdentify
- 0x800705aa How to Fix ERROR NO SYSTEM RESOURCES
- How to Mount a VHDX to Windows using a PowerShell Script
- 0x8004230f VSS_E_UNEXPECTED_PROVIDER_ERROR VSS snapshot creation failed
- Fixed vs. Dynamic VHD and VHDX Performance