Download the newest Linux Integration Services 3.5 for Hyper-V here:
•Driver support for IDE and SCSI controllers: Linux Integration Services supports the network controller and the IDE and SCSI storage controllers that were developed specifically for Hyper-V.
•Fastpath Boot Support for Hyper-V: Boot devices now take advantage of the block Virtualization Service Client (VSC) to provide enhanced performance.
•Time Keeping: The clock inside the virtual machine will remain accurate by synchronizing to the clock on the virtualization server via Timesync service, and with the help of the pluggable time source device.
•Integrated Shutdown: Virtual machines running Linux can be shut down from either Hyper-V Manager or System Center Virtual Machine Manager by using the “Shut down” command.
•Symmetric Multi-Processing (SMP) Support: Supported Linux distributions can use multiple virtual processors per virtual machine. The actual number of virtual processors that can be allocated to a virtual machine is only limited by the underlying hypervisor.
•Heartbeat: This feature allows the virtualization server to detect whether the virtual machine is running and responsive.
•KVP (Key Value Pair) Exchange: Information about the running Linux virtual machine can be obtained by using the Key Value Pair exchange functionality on the Windows Server 2008 virtualization server.
•Integrated Mouse Support: Linux Integration Services provides full mouse support for Linux guest virtual machines.
•Live Migration: Linux virtual machines can undergo live migration for load balancing purposes.
•Jumbo Frames: Linux virtual machines can be configured to use Ethernet frames with more than 1500 bytes of payload.
•VLAN tagging and trunking: Administrators can attach single or multiple VLAN ids to synthetic network adapters.
•Static IP Injection: Allows migration of Linux virtual machines with static IP addresses.
•Linux VHDX resize: Allows dynamic resizing of VHDX storage attached to a Linux virtual machine.
•Synthetic Fibre Channel Support: Linux virtual machines can natively access high performance SAN networks.
•Live Linux virtual machine backup support: Facilitates zero downtime backup of running Linux virtual machines.
•Dynamic memory ballooning support: Improves Linux virtual machine density for a given Hyper-V host.
•Synthetic video device support: Provides improved graphics performance for Linux virtual machines.
•PAE kernel support: Provides drivers that are compatible with PAE enabled Linux virtual machines.
These Integration Services work on
•Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise, and Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter
•Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2
•Windows 8 Pro
•Windows Server 2012
•Windows Server 2012 R2
•Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012
•Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012 R2
Backup Software OverviewServer Backup Software
Backup VMware Workstation
Backup File Server
Hyper-V BackupBackup Hyper-V
- Hyper-V Links, Guides, Tutorials & Comparisons
- Veeam Alternative
- How to Back up Cluster Shared Volumes
- DriveMaker: Map FTP, SFTP, S3 Site to a Drive Letter (Freeware)
- Free Hyper-V Server
- Remote Desktop Services Blog
- SCDPM Blog
- SCOM Blog
- V4 Articles
- Knowledge Base
- Archive 2022
- Archive 2021
- Archive 2020
- Archive 2018
- Archive 2017
- Archive 2016
- Archive 2015
- Archive 2014
- Archive 2013
- Hyper-V Scripts in PowerShell
- BackupChain (Greek)
- BackupChain (Deutsch)
- BackupChain (Spanish)
- BackupChain (French)
- BackupChain (Dutch)
- BackupChain (Italian)
Backup Software List
Symantec Backup Exec
Windows Server Backup
Other Backup How-To Guides
- Current Windows Server 2012 Updates and Hotfixes
- Hyper-V Manager: Scheduled Snapshot and Checkpoint Creation
- Windows 11 Final Release Free ISO Download Links
- Hyper-V Best Practices You Must Know
- Windows Server 2022 ISO Preview – Free Download
- Hyper-V Backup Quick Start Guide
- How to Fix: Folder name too long to delete
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1 Backup Software
- Windows Server 2012 R2 New Features & What’s New in Server 2012 R2
- How to Convert from Dynamic VHD/VHDX Disk Format to / from Fixed in Hyper-V
- How to fix: 0x800423f4, The writer experienced a non-transient error. If the backup process is retried, the error is likely to reoccur
- Destination Path Too Long Fixed: Freeware Tool Deletes Long Path
- Get All VHDX for All VMs with this PowerShell Script
- How to Backup a Virtual Server While Running
- Windows 10 Hyper-V Backup Solution to Back up VHD & VHDX Virtual Machines
- How to Delete VSS Shadows or Snapshots
- Disaster Recovery Strategies and Recovery Objectives
- How to Fix Error ID 10178 in Hyper-V VMMS
- How to Fix: MSMQ Writer (MSMQ) failed
- Freeware Backup Software–Watch Out!