Download Linux Integration Services 3.5 for Hyper-V
Download the newest Linux Integration Services 3.5 for Hyper-V here:
•Driver support for IDE and SCSI controllers: Linux Integration Services supports the network controller and the IDE and SCSI storage controllers that were developed specifically for Hyper-V.
•Fastpath Boot Support for Hyper-V: Boot devices now take advantage of the block Virtualization Service Client (VSC) to provide enhanced performance.
•Time Keeping: The clock inside the virtual machine will remain accurate by synchronizing to the clock on the virtualization server via Timesync service, and with the help of the pluggable time source device.
•Integrated Shutdown: Virtual machines running Linux can be shut down from either Hyper-V Manager or System Center Virtual Machine Manager by using the “Shut down” command.
•Symmetric Multi-Processing (SMP) Support: Supported Linux distributions can use multiple virtual processors per virtual machine. The actual number of virtual processors that can be allocated to a virtual machine is only limited by the underlying hypervisor.
•Heartbeat: This feature allows the virtualization server to detect whether the virtual machine is running and responsive.
•KVP (Key Value Pair) Exchange: Information about the running Linux virtual machine can be obtained by using the Key Value Pair exchange functionality on the Windows Server 2008 virtualization server.
•Integrated Mouse Support: Linux Integration Services provides full mouse support for Linux guest virtual machines.
•Live Migration: Linux virtual machines can undergo live migration for load balancing purposes.
•Jumbo Frames: Linux virtual machines can be configured to use Ethernet frames with more than 1500 bytes of payload.
•VLAN tagging and trunking: Administrators can attach single or multiple VLAN ids to synthetic network adapters.
•Static IP Injection: Allows migration of Linux virtual machines with static IP addresses.
•Linux VHDX resize: Allows dynamic resizing of VHDX storage attached to a Linux virtual machine.
•Synthetic Fibre Channel Support: Linux virtual machines can natively access high performance SAN networks.
•Live Linux virtual machine backup support: Facilitates zero downtime backup of running Linux virtual machines.
•Dynamic memory ballooning support: Improves Linux virtual machine density for a given Hyper-V host.
•Synthetic video device support: Provides improved graphics performance for Linux virtual machines.
•PAE kernel support: Provides drivers that are compatible with PAE enabled Linux virtual machines.
These Integration Services work on
•Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise, and Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter
•Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2
•Windows 8 Pro
•Windows Server 2012
•Windows Server 2012 R2
•Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012
•Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012 R2
Backup Software OverviewServer Backup Software
Backup VMware Workstation
Backup File Server
Hyper-V BackupBackup Hyper-V
- Hyper-V Links, Guides, Tutorials & Comparisons
- Veeam Alternative
- How to Back up Cluster Shared Volumes
- DriveMaker: Map FTP, SFTP, S3 Site to a Drive Letter (Freeware)
- Free Hyper-V Server
- Remote Desktop Services Blog
- SCDPM Blog
- SCOM Blog
- V4 Articles
- Knowledge Base
- Archive 2022
- Archive 2021
- Archive 2020
- Archive 2018
- Archive 2017
- Archive 2016
- Archive 2015
- Archive 2014
- Archive 2013
- Hyper-V Scripts in PowerShell
- BackupChain (Greek)
- BackupChain (Deutsch)
- BackupChain (Spanish)
- BackupChain (French)
- BackupChain (Dutch)
- BackupChain (Italian)
Backup Software List
Symantec Backup Exec
Windows Server Backup
Other Backup How-To Guides
- Hyper-V IDE or SCSI? What’s Performing Better, Faster?
- How to Create and Delete Hyper-V Checkpoints / Snapshots
- Hyper-V Host Disk Backup, Physical Host and Virtual Machine Backup
- Windows Server 2012 Failover Cluster Important Updates
- Windows 10 Hyper-V Backup, Step-by-Step
- Granular Backup Software for Hyper-V
- Download Links for Windows 10 & Windows Server Technical Preview
- How to Fix: Folder name too long to delete
- Hyper-V Backup Quick Start Guide
- How to Install a Virtual Machine Inside a Virtual Machine (Hyper-V)
- Resolving VSS_WS_FAILED_AT_FREEZE Backup Errors
- KB 2885465: CPU resources are not allocated correctly for VMs on Windows Server 2012
- How to Install Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 in VMware Workstation (works for Windows Server 2008 too)
- How to Fix VSS Timeout Error VSS_E_FLUSH_WRITES_TIMEOUT
- Veeam Alternative for Hyper-V Backup
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1 Backup Software
- Hyper-V CSV backup: What needs to be considered for VM backups?
- Hyper-V VHD or VHDX? Advantages, Limitations, and Disadvantages
- Windows Server 2012: Hotfixes for Cluster Servers
- Hyper-V Backup and Secure DMZ Servers: A How-to Guide