Fix for Error 0x80780049, Backup ID 517
KB 2918371 describes the following issue with Windows Server Backup 2012:
- Environment: a Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V host and a Windows Server 2012 guest virtual machine (VM).
- Open Windows Server Backup on the host operating system.
- Select Backup Schedule to start the backup schedule wizard and then click Next.
- Click Custom on the Select Backup Configuration tab and then click Next.
- Select Add Items, select the host component and the guest VM, and then complete the wizard.
- Restart the host operating system.
You could try to fix the issue by downloading the hotfix at:
To our knowledge, the above bug affects only Microsoft’s own software.
Alternatively, download BackupChain Hyper-V Backup and back up your virtual machines using BackupChain.
It installs on Windows Server 2008, 2012 / R2, as well as Windows 8 and offers dozens of additional backup features, such as incremental / differential deduplication, granular backups, granular restores, NAS and USB backups, and much more.
Backup Software OverviewServer Backup Software
Backup VMware Workstation
Backup File Server
Hyper-V BackupBackup Hyper-V
- Hyper-V Links, Guides, Tutorials & Comparisons
- Veeam Alternative
- How to Back up Cluster Shared Volumes
- DriveMaker: Map FTP, SFTP, S3 Site to a Drive Letter (Freeware)
- Free Hyper-V Server
- Remote Desktop Services Blog
- SCDPM Blog
- SCOM Blog
- V4 Articles
- Knowledge Base
- Archive 2022
- Archive 2021
- Archive 2020
- Archive 2018
- Archive 2017
- Archive 2016
- Archive 2015
- Archive 2014
- Archive 2013
- Hyper-V Scripts in PowerShell
- BackupChain (Greek)
- BackupChain (Deutsch)
- BackupChain (Spanish)
- BackupChain (French)
- BackupChain (Dutch)
- BackupChain (Italian)
Backup Software List
Symantec Backup Exec
Windows Server Backup
Other Backup How-To Guides
- Windows 10 Hyper-V Backup Solution to Back up VHD & VHDX Virtual Machines
- How to Fix VolSnap 28 Error “The shadow copy could not be created…
- 11 Things to Know About Hyper-V Snapshots / Checkpoints
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1 Backup Software
- How to Convert from Dynamic VHD/VHDX Disk Format to / from Fixed in Hyper-V
- 0x8004230f VSS_E_UNEXPECTED_PROVIDER_ERROR VSS snapshot creation failed
- How to Shut Down a Hyper-V Virtual Machine
- How to Backup a Virtual Server While Running
- How to Backup VMware Workstation, VMs, VMDK Files
- How to Convert VHD Files to VHDX Disks in Hyper-V
- How to Update Windows Offline Without an Internet Connection
- Microsoft Hyper-V Backup for VHD and VHDX VMs
- 0x800705aa How to Fix ERROR NO SYSTEM RESOURCES
- Move Hyper-V VM from Windows 8 to Server 2012 and Vice Versa
- How to Easily Move VHD / VHDX to New Server, Disk, NAS, Cloud
- Get All VHDX for All VMs with this PowerShell Script
- 8 Tape Backup Disadvantages and Issues You Need To Know
- Hyper-V, VMware, and VirtualBox Hypervisor Limitations
- How to fix 19050: The virtual machine is not in a valid state to perform the operation
- Copy a File From the Host to a VM Using a Powershell Script