KB 2918371 describes the following issue with Windows Server Backup 2012:
- Environment: a Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V host and a Windows Server 2012 guest virtual machine (VM).
- Open Windows Server Backup on the host operating system.
- Select Backup Schedule to start the backup schedule wizard and then click Next.
- Click Custom on the Select Backup Configuration tab and then click Next.
- Select Add Items, select the host component and the guest VM, and then complete the wizard.
- Restart the host operating system.
You could try to fix the issue by downloading the hotfix at:
To our knowledge, the above bug affects only Microsoft’s own software.
Alternatively, download BackupChain Hyper-V Backup and back up your virtual machines using BackupChain.
It installs on Windows Server 2008, 2012 / R2, as well as Windows 8 and offers dozens of additional backup features, such as incremental / differential deduplication, granular backups, granular restores, NAS and USB backups, and much more.
BackupChain OverviewDownload BackupChain
How to Backup Hyper-V VMs
How to Backup to the Cloud
How to Backup VMware Workstation
How to Backup over FTP
How to Backup VirtualBox VMs
How to Backup Large Files and Folders
- Step-by-Step Windows 10 Hyper-V Backups
- 11 Things to Know About Hyper-V Snapshots / Checkpoints
- Hyper-V Links, Guides, Tutorials & Comparisons
- How to Back up Hyper-V
- Veeam Alternatives for Hyper-V
- How to Back up Cluster Shared Volumes
- DriveMaker: Map FTP Site as a Drive Letter (Freeware)
- Free Hyper-V Server
- Remote Desktop Services Blog
- SCDPM Blog
- SCOM Blog
- SCVMM Blog
- Virtualization Blog DE
- KB Cloud Articles
- Microsoft Hyper-V Forum
- Archive 2020
- Archive 2018
- Archive 2017
- Archive 2016
- Archive 2015
- Archive 2014
- Archive 2013
- Hyper-V Scripts in PowerShell
- BackupChain (Greek)
- BackupChain (Deutsch)
- BackupChain (Spanish)
- BackupChain (French)
Backup Software Solution List
Symantec Backup Exec
Windows Server Backup