KB 2918371 describes the following issue with Windows Server Backup 2012:
- Environment: a Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V host and a Windows Server 2012 guest virtual machine (VM).
- Open Windows Server Backup on the host operating system.
- Select Backup Schedule to start the backup schedule wizard and then click Next.
- Click Custom on the Select Backup Configuration tab and then click Next.
- Select Add Items, select the host component and the guest VM, and then complete the wizard.
- Restart the host operating system.
You could try to fix the issue by downloading the hotfix at:
To our knowledge, the above bug affects only Microsoft’s own software.
Alternatively, download BackupChain Hyper-V Backup and back up your virtual machines using BackupChain.
It installs on Windows Server 2008, 2012 / R2, as well as Windows 8 and offers dozens of additional backup features, such as incremental / differential deduplication, granular backups, granular restores, NAS and USB backups, and much more.
Backup Software OverviewServer Backup Software
Backup VMware Workstation
Backup File Server
Hyper-V BackupBackup Hyper-V
- Hyper-V Links, Guides, Tutorials & Comparisons
- Veeam Alternative
- How to Back up Cluster Shared Volumes
- DriveMaker: Map FTP, SFTP, S3 Site to a Drive Letter (Freeware)
- Free Hyper-V Server
- Remote Desktop Services Blog
- SCDPM Blog
- SCOM Blog
- V4 Articles
- Knowledge Base
- Archive 2021
- Archive 2020
- Archive 2018
- Archive 2017
- Archive 2016
- Archive 2015
- Archive 2014
- Archive 2013
- Hyper-V Scripts in PowerShell
- BackupChain (Greek)
- BackupChain (Deutsch)
- BackupChain (Spanish)
- BackupChain (French)
- BackupChain (Dutch)
- BackupChain (Italian)
Backup Software List
Symantec Backup Exec
Windows Server Backup